We often wonder why more homeowners don’t choose fiber cement siding in Wisconsin. Although it is a relatively new siding choice, it is an excellent exterior solution, especially for the variable weather conditions that Wisconsin homes must handle. If you’re considering investing in new siding for your home, be sure to consider fiber cement—you might be surprised at the many benefits that this exterior siding solution has to offer.
Made from sand, pressurized cellulose, and cement, fiber cement offers a surprising array of design and style choices since it can be manufactured to replicate so many different types of materials. And, that’s not all. Other reasons to choose fiber cement siding include:
- Fiber cement siding is incredibly durable. In fact, it can last more than 50 years.
- It does not swell, decay, rot, or combust, and it is resistant to damage from termites, water, fire and temperature-related expansion/contraction.
- Fiber cement siding can be painted, and it can be designed to replicate the look of wood, stucco or stone.
- It is an affordable alternative to natural wood siding. (Although it is typically more expensive than vinyl siding.)
- It is safe for the environment.
- It comes in a variety of finishes and can be painted any color.
A note on maintenance and installation: Although fiber cement siding offers many benefits, there are a few considerations of which homeowners should be aware. For instance, the joints in fiber cement siding need to be sealed to prevent wear and cracking, and it does require regular spray cleaning to remove debris. Finally, if it is painted, it needs to be repainted every 15-20 years or so.
Free Estimates for Wisconsin Cement Siding Services
We offer FREE ESTIMATES for all of our Wisconsin cement siding installation services. For more information or an estimate, call us today at 262-677-2500 or fill out our contact form.