With spring rains comes the potential of leaks and damage. If your home’s exterior has seen better days, now may be the time to consider including replacement siding in your spring cleanup plans.
Siding’s importance in protecting your home from weather and the elements can’t be overstated. It’s like an envelope (literally), that wraps around your home and protects it. Plus, it provides extra insulation and a fast, economical way to dramatically improve your home’s exterior appearance. In fact, depending on the size of your house and your home’s architecture, it’s possible to have replacement siding put on your entire house in just a day. One day!
One of the many reasons that siding is so popular with homeowners is that it comes in so many different choices. In fact, homeowners considering new siding can choose:
- Engineered wood (in planks or shingles). Wood siding may look great when it’s new but it requires regular maintenance (like painting) and is susceptible to insect damage and rot.
- Stone (genuine or engineered). Provides great protection but often costs more than most homeowners are prepared to spend.
- Brick. Like stone, a popular but expensive choice.
- Metal (aluminum). Metal siding unfortunately rarely provides adequate insulation and can often show signs of being dented or scratched.
- Vinyl. The most popular replacement siding choice with homeowners, vinyl siding is usually seen as offering the best value.
- Fiber cement. This siding is ultra durable, and resists damage even more than vinyl.
There are many reasons homeowners choose vinyl siding. Not only is it virtually maintenance-free (no more worries about peeling paint or wood rot!), it doesn’t warp the way some other types of siding can. In fact, the only maintenance that vinyl siding needs is an occasional wipe down or gentle power washing with a hose.
If your siding is more than 10 years old, you may want to consider having a professional siding contractor come out to inspect it. Advancements in manufacturing and technology have meant significant improvements in siding, with today’s siding being more impact resistant and providing even better insulation than older types. Some types of siding even offer better sound insulation too.
Free Estimates for Replacement Siding
If you’re considering investing in new replacement siding, visit our website for more information about the types of siding we carry or call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE. We can help you explore your options, including the different styles and warranties that each option offers.